Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Feeling Demotivated and Tired

I know most of you feel like this, but man, it's tough to pull yourself out of bed in the morning when all you want to do is lie in bed and enjoy the warmth. It's a self fulfilling prophecy - if you don't do it, you won't improve! Afraid of failing? That's easy, don't try! I've gained another waist size and feel weaker than ever before. My muscles are stiff after sanding a cot for f&%@ sake!

WTF am I on a bout! Get off your ass and get out there. What's the worst that can happen? You actually enjoy it and find that the 10 hours you need to do a week to build a decent base is actually not that bad, even enjoyable, and what's more, easily achievable!

So what do you do? Here are a list of excuses, all true but none really matter because they are just excuses:
  • My car is in for a service so I can't transport the bike.
  • My MTB needs a service desperately
  • My wife won't let me go ride at 4:30 in the morning
  • I can't get out of bed
The reality of the list above is that I live in the Southern Suburbs, have a road bike and lights, an alarm and spare room to get dressed in unnoticed and quietly.

It really all boils down to the fact that I'm lazy AND if I don't try, I won't fail!

Quite frankly, that's not good enough! If you are like me let me know - we can start a support group!

At this point I would just like to thank the "Smooth Knobblies Cycle Club" who have welcomed me and my above mentioned baggage and try very hard to get me on the road from town, which in truth is an issue for the car being in hospital with breathing difficulties... I would also like to thank my wife for letting me wake her up at 4:30AM (GMT+2) at least twice a week and miss dinner on Wednesdays for the night rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment